Researchers and collaborators
- Areas of research: armed forces
Political Scientist and Social Worker. Master in World History at Universitat Pompeu Fabra, with the dissertation "Ethnic conflicts in the 90s: the cases of Rwanda and Bosnia and Herzegovina".
- Featured works: The incorporation of women into the Spanish army (Report by Centre Delàs, 2016), Mentes militarizadas (Icaria, 2016), Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015), La política militar del gobierno Rajoy (Report by Centre Delàs, 2014).
- Areas of research: armed forces, gender and militarism, education for peace, militarism, defence culture
PhD in Physics and Associate Professor in the Department of Physics and Nuclear Engineering of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. He focuses his interests on nuclear weapons, military spending and the Spanish military operations abroad.
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015), Fraude e improvisación en el gasto militar (Centre Delàs, 2015), Riesgos y amenazas del arsenal nuclear (Icaria, 2014) y L'OTAN, una amenaça global (Icaria, 2010).
- Areas of research: nuclear weapons, military industry R&D, military operations abroad
Doctor and retired professor of the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, where he has been teaching and supervising students for 45 years. Heis interested in the social implications of science and engineering and in the analysis of militarism and terrorism from a scientifically inspired perspective. He is a scientific disseminator and is interested in the applications of science in the field of peace. He has participated in the coordination of the GCOMS 2017 campaign. He is the author of the fractal blog (Ara).
- Featured works: Mentes militarizadas (Icaria, 2016), Treinta preguntas sobre la OTAN (ICIP, 2016).
- Areas of research: military expenditure, arms
PhD in peace, conflicts and development. Economist and peace culture, disarmament and defense economy researcher. Coordinator of the Centre Delàs and armed conflicts, defense economy and cooperation lecturer (UJI, URL, UOC). Member of the International Peace Bureau (IPB) board. Blogs: Crónicas Insumisas (Público) and Paz, en construcción (El País).
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015), Banca Armada VS Banca Ética (Dharana, 2013), Atlas del militarismo en España (Centre Delàs, 2009) and Globalización capitalista neoliberal y movimientos antisistémicos (Deusto, 2011).
- Areas of research: financing of arms, military expenditure, arms trading, peace & security, arms, armed conlicts
Political Science Degree and Master in International Relations. Has worked in several Northern Africa and Middle East countries with human rights and social movements organizations. Currently working on her PhD and focusing her research on militarism in Northern Africa and Middle East. Associate professor in UAB.
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015), El militarismo en el Norte de África (Centre Delàs, 2014) and L'humor polític com a eina de confrontació contra el règim sirià (ICIP, 2012).
- Areas of research: security & protection, gender, private military companies
Physics Degree and researcher of the Centre Delàs in the field of nuclear arsenal and military companies.
- Featured works: She is co-author and co-editor of the book OTAN, una amenaça global (Icaria, 2010), co-author of the book Riesgos y amenazas del arsenal nuclear (Icaria, 2014) and co-author and coordinator of the book Trenta preguntes sobre l’OTAN, 30 anys després del referèndum, 2016.
- Areas of research: nuclear weapons, military companies and EU military R&D
Business Studies Degree and Centre Delàs researcher. He focuses on militarism and security and defense politics.
- Featured works: L'OTAN, una amenaça global (Icaria, 2010), Els conflictes pel control de la terra. El cas dels agrocombustibles (Universitat de la Pau de Sant Cugat, 2009) and Atlas del militarismo en España 2009 (Icaria, 2009
- Areas of research: armed forces, militarism
PhD in Law and Philosophy of Law professor (UB). His research focuses on Western "counterterrorist" and "humanitarian" imperialism, pacifist thought and non violence as a tool for social change.
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015), Las sombras del sistema constitucional español (Trotta, 2003), El genocidio bosnio (Los Libros de la Catarata, 1996) and La objeción de conciencia (Paidós, 1993).
- Areas of research: peace and security. armed conflicts, peace and nonviolence
PhD in Law and administrative law professor in the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid. His research field is the Spanish legislation applied to the military operations abroad and the arms trade in Africa.
- Featured works: La Posición Común 2008/944/PESC sobre control de las exportaciones de tecnología y equipos militares: análisis crítico (Revista española de Derecho Europeo , 2010), La guerra de Afganistán: una guerra también contra el Derecho (El Cronista del Estado Social y Democrático de Derecho , 2010) and ¿Se han legalizado las 'guerras de agresión' en España? (Revista Vasca de Administración Pública , 2009).
- Areas of research: arms trading, military operations
Doctoral student in the Culture of Peace line in the PhD program of Social Sciences of the UGR, Master in Peace Studies, Conflicts and Development (UJI), specialized in social sciences research techniques (UCL, Belgium). Investigate the relationship between military spending and armed conflict.
- Featured works: "Los dividendos de la paz: un estado de la cuestión" (Spheres: Revista de Ciencias Sociales, 2016). "Reflexiones sobre las violencias. ¿Contribuye el gasto militar a que haya violencia armada?" (UJI, 2015).
- Areas of research: military expenditure, armed conflicts
Journalist specialized in international analysis. Master in Gender, Conflict and Human Rights from Ulster University (Belfast) and researcher in the Terrorism and Gender and Militarism working groups of the Delàs Center. She has worked on women combatants and peace processes in Kurdistan, Western Sahara, Northern Ireland, Basque Country and Colombia.
- Featured works: she has collaborated in the publications 'Dealing with the Past in Ireland: Where are the Women?' (Relatives for Justice, 2015) and 'Participate from Feminisms: Absences, Expulsions and Resistances' (Icaria, 2017) and is author of the thesis' The woman next door was a child-killer: Media Discourses where Female Combatants and their Reintegration In Colombia 'and the Delàs report:' Gender and Military Culture: lives, bodies and social control under war '. It is part of the Women 's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF).
- Areas of research: gender and militarism, armed conflicts, terrorism and war on terror
Computer technician and coordinator of SIOF (Servicio de Información de la Objeción Fiscal al Gasto Militar - Information Service of the Tax Objection to Military Spending). Participated on anti-NATO and anti-militarist movements. His field of study is the tax objection to military spending.
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015) and La insumisión fiscal (Revista Transversal).
- Areas of research: objection to military taxation
Contemporary History Degree and postgraduate in Public Finances (UB). President of the Centre Delàs d'Estudis per la Pau and Conflictology professor in the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Former President of Federació Catalana d'ONG per la Pau (NGO Catalan Federation for Peace). Peace, nonviolence, disarmament and conflicts researcher. Blog: Crónicas Insumisas (Público).
- Featured works: El Lobby de la industria militar española, 2015; Las violencias en América Latina, 2014; La societat noviolenta, 2012; Co-author: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme, 2015; Filosofía y praxis de la paz, 2013; La OTAN una amenaza global, 2010; Desconstruir la guerra, 2008; El militarismo en España, 2007; Noviolencia y transformación social, 2005; El ciclo armamentista en España, 2000.
- Areas of research: military expenditure, peace & security, military industry, arms and militarism, nonviolence
Peace, armed conflicts and disarmament researcher. PhD in peace and conflicts with a thesis on new wars and their global factors. Has worked as an armed conflict analyst and as humanitarian projects coordinator. Has carried out on the ground researches in several countries in war situations. He is a peace and armed conflicts professor in several courses and masters.
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015), Espanya-Israel. Relacions en matèria militar, armamentística i de Seguretat. Balanç i Tendències (Informe del Centre Delàs, 2010), Atlas del Militarismo en España (Icaria, 2009) and Noviolencia y Transformación Social (Icaria, 2005).
- Areas of research: peace and security, arms trading, military operations, armed conflicts, humanitarian aid
Bachelor of Political Science from the UB and Master in Politics and International Studies from the University of Uppsala, with a specialization in Eurasian Studies. He has been a trainee researcher at the Spanish Consulate in Guangzhou and at the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance in Stockholm. He is the author of the blog Eurasiacat and collaborator of the Centro Delàs.
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015), Arabia Saudí y los bombardeos en el Yemen: La responsabilidad del Estado Español (Centre Delàs, 2016). Autor de la tesina "The Russian New Trends on Foreign and Security Policy: a Structuralist Approach" (2013)
- Areas of research: military expenditure, arms trading, militarism
Master in management of armed and social conflicts and doctoral student in Peace, conflicts and development in the UJI. She has worked in Colombia with young people from violent groups, has been an activist in Palestine and has been involved in schools in Peru. She has been a researcher at the Center Delàs d'Estudis per la Pau since 2014, where she also carries out the Desmilitaritzem l'Educació campaign and carries out infographics and graphic material.
- Featured works: "Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme" (Icaria, 2015), "Mentes militarizadas" (Icaria, 2016), "Treinta preguntas sobre la OTAN" (ICIP, 2016). Es autora de varios artículos sobre conflictos y militarismo y miembro de varias campañas.
- Areas of research: arms trading, education for peace
Humanities and Economics Degree. Postgraduate Degree in Education, Peace and Psychology / Mental Health. Gestalt Therapist. Committee member of Human Rights of the European Gestalt Therapy Association (EAGT). Project collaborator to EAGT / IPB. Has worked in several Asia and Africa countries. Trainer for voluntary workers and election observers. Main areas of research: psychology and peace.
- Featured works: Legislative Theatre, Art for Community Conflict Resolution (Journal of Conflictology ).
- Areas of research: education for peace
Social educator and anthropologist. Her field of study is the Spanish military industry and arms trade. She collaborates as an activist and peace culture researcher with several organizations.
- Featured works: Diccionario de la guerra, la paz y el desarme (Icaria, 2015) and El complejo militar-industrial (Centre Delàs report, 2012).
- Areas of research: arms trading, education for peace
Professor of Social Sciences and Philosophy at Universidad Antonio Ruiz de Montoya (Peru) and Master's Degree in International Studies in Peace, Conflict and Development at the Jaume I University (Castellón de la Plana). He has participated in socio-educational projects in Peru with groups at risk of exclusion and has coordinated workshops on education and communication for peace and conflict transformation for Syrian refugees in Turkey. He currently collaborates with the Center Delàs in various activities and campaigns in the Valencian Country and is a researcher on militarism, armed conflicts and peace.
- Areas of research: arms trading, militarism
Specialized in MENA region, Turkey and Kurdistan.
Anna Montull Garcia
- Línies d'investigació: educació per la pau
Suport web a l'equip tècnic del Centre Delàs.
Graduated in Arab and Hebrews Studies at the University of Barcelona (UB). Postgraduate studies in African Societies (CEA-UPF) and Master in International Relations (IBEI-UPF). She also collaborates with the Universitat internacional de la Pau (Unipau).
Graduate in History by the University of Barcelona (UB), Postgraduate in the UOC in Resolution of social and armed political conflicts, and Master of economic history in Sorbonne Paris IV.
Quique Sánchez Ochoa
Graduate in Political Science and Master in International Peace, Conflict and Development Studies. He is primarily involved in the field of human rights, working in various organizations and projects as a coordinator, trainer, activist and volunteer.